Why have dermal fillers with Face Matters?
One of the hallmarks of youthfulness is smooth, naturally-plump skin that seems to glow with good health. Young skin is constantly moisturised from within by hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring sugar. Hyaluronic acid absorbs moisture to keep your skin well hydrated and youthful.
From our 20s onwards, our natural stores of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid – the building blocks of firm, well-defined skin – all begin to break down. Over time, this is what causes the skin to become more lax and prone to lines and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers work by temporarily replacing the lost volume within your skin to restore some of its youthfulness. Our approach to dermal fillers is to look at the ageing process as a whole and treat the cause of the lines and wrinkles on your face. Using small doses of fillers, we can lift areas of facial sagging to instantly rejuvenate your appearance, while keeping your features looking natural.
There are different grade dermal fillers for each rejuvenation application.
Dr. Tschoepe does not use a “one-fits-all” filler but will treat each section of the face with the appropriate and best products available; these would have have been specially formulated for their purpose to revitalise, define or lift. Dr. Tschoepe is well known for her skills in giving patients individual and confident looks that balance with the proportion of the face. Results are instant.
- Natural-looking results
- Improves static lines & wrinkles
- Adds definition to your lips, cheeks and/or chin
- Gives your skin more volume & creates a non-surgical lift
- Advice that’s unique to you & your needs
If you choose to have dermal fillers at Face Matters, this treatment will only ever be administered by Dr Gabi Tschoepe, who has extensive knowledge of head and neck anatomy and physiology, together with training and more than 20 years’ experience in the use of medical aesthetic treatments that can subtly enhance your appearance to make you look younger.
The Face Matters clinic is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we are passionate about upholding the highest standards of care in the hands of qualified, experienced medical professionals.
Dermal fillers have a proven safety record; they’re convenient and require little to no downtime, giving you immediate results without a long or painful recovery process.
See how dermal fillers have helped some of our existing patients to refresh and rejuvenate their appearance with natural-looking and beautiful results.
Dermal fillers are biocompatible, which means that they can integrate safely with your skin tissues and allow the passage of oxygen and nutrients. Over time, the HA gel injected within your skin is slowly absorbed and replaced by water.
The function of a dermal filler treatment is to add volume to your skin. It can lift up and fill lines and wrinkles, or plump up your lips or other facial contours.
Other dermal fillers work by stimulating your body’s collagen production in the treated areas to address the underlying causes of your ageing skin and to create natural volume.
- Nasolabial lines (from the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (from the mouth down to the chin)
- Lip enhancement, definition and/or volume
- Fine lines above and around the lips (including smokers’ lines)
- Frown lines (forehead and/or between the eyes)
- Tear trough (dark circles/hollows under the eyes)
- Scar correction
- Facial shaping, volumising & contouring
- Cheek & chin augmentation
- Nose reshaping or correction
- General skin hydration & rejuvenation
- Rejuvenation of the hands, neck & décolletage
- Treatment of crepe underarms and knees
We also offer a whole-face dermal filler treatment known as the 8-point lift (see below).
During the 8-point lift, we inject dermal fillers into the following areas:
- 1 & 2: Cheek bone & structure
- 3: Tear trough/mid face
- 4: Nasolabial folds
- 5: Mouth corners
- 6: Pre-jowl area
- 7: Jawline
- 8: Lower cheek
If you come in for an 8-point lift (see above), your treatment may take longer as you will need to have more injections than if we’re focusing on a single area of your face.
Dr. Tschoepe will ask you to come in for a second appointment two weeks later to assess and document your results so that the regime can be improved, if necessary.
How long your treatment lasts can depend on a number of factors, such as the treatment area, the type of filler and the amount used, your individual muscle movements, activity, and lifestyle. The results of dermal fillers last for nine to twelve months, on average; volumising fillers for your cheeks, chin and larger contours may last for 12 to 18 months.
After a treatment with dermal fillers, you may experience some mild bruising at the injection sites, which can take two to three days to vanish. Inevitably, the more injections you have, the higher your chance of some visible bruising.
Some people also experience temporary redness, swelling, itching or discomfort; the lip area, in particular, can swell for a few days. It’s fairly common for the treatment area to look slightly discoloured, but again, this should resolve quickly.
Much rarer side effects include blistering, infection, cold sores (especially if you have a history of cold sores), allergic reactions, and – in less than one in 15,000 cases – lumpy tissue, skin necrosis and red wheals, all of which are usually mild to moderate and self-limiting, lasting for approximately two weeks.
Choosing an experienced practitioner like Dr. Tschoepe who has a proven history of successful treatments is important to minimise the risk of side effects.
We recommend that you wear a high factor sunblock (SPF 30 or above) and avoid sun exposure.
You should steer clear of extreme temperatures until the initial swelling and redness have resolved – this means no saunas, sunbathing, solariums or extreme cold.
If you have a cheek or chin augmentation treatment, it is advisable to sleep on your back for one to two nights with a few extra pillows.
We will give you more detailed aftercare instructions when you have your treatment, so you know exactly what to expect and how to follow our recommendations for the best outcomes.
- The Amalian Hyaluronic Acid System uses hyaluronic acid products that have a high level of biocompatibility and unique technology to enable to gel to distribute quickly and evenly.
- The Belotero® range of dermal fillers is specially designed to smoothly integrate with your tissue for subtle and even results without disrupting the natural contours of your face. Belotero® fillers are ideal for hydrating your skin.
- Emervel is a sophisticated range of softer dermal fillers designed to work within the different layers of your skin to replace or restore facial volume and improve the quality and integrity of your skin.
- Juvederm® is a range of hyaluronic acid fillers, each with a smooth gel formulation that addresses specific and unique issues. Juvederm® is formulated with Lidocaine, an anaesthetic, to make your treatment more comfortable.
- Radiesse® is a volumising dermal filler that restores volume and adds structure to the skin. The unique gel formula contains calcium microspheres which stimulate your body to produce its own natural collagen. Radiesse® fillers are ideal for larger areas such as the backs of your hands.
- Restylane® fillers have been used for over 10 million treatments worldwide over the last 13 years. They are produced by a unique and patented process involving minimal chemical interference, which means that the hyaluronic acid in the product closely resembles that found in your own skin.
- Sculptra® is a biocompatible and biodegradable injectable material known as poly-L-lactic acid that naturally replenishes volume by stimulating the growth of natural collagen to address the underlying causes of your facial ageing.
There are products in each range that are particularly suitable for use to address specific issues or in specific areas of the face.
When supported by a comprehensive consultation, plenty of information about the treatment, and given realistic expectations, most people love the outcomes of their treatment with dermal fillers. However, it can give you peace of mind to know that if you are unhappy with the results most hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane and Juvederm can be easily reversed using a product called hyaluronidase.
Longer-lasting collagen-stimulating fillers, such as Radiesse® and Sculptra® cannot be reversed.