Why have dermal fillers with biostimulation at Face Matters?
Your skin’s multi-layer ageing process is affected by many different factors, such as lifestyle, sun exposure and genetics, which is why some people’s skin seems to age more quickly than others. Signs of ageing include skin laxity, a loss of muscle tone, volume loss, fat loss and hollows, puffiness, lines and wrinkles. One of the underlying causes of these changes is that, from our 20s onwards, our skin starts to lose its most important structural proteins: collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid.
Whereas hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers work by temporarily restoring volume to the areas where they’re injected, dermal fillers with biostimulation encourage your body to produce its own fresh collagen to improve the quality of your skin over time. This gives long-term advantages not associated with other dermal fillers.
- Natural-looking results
- Stimulates your body’s own collagen production for long-term benefits
- Gives your skin more volume with a choice of long-lasting products
- Predictable results & proven safety record
- Advice that’s unique to you & your needs
Dermal fillers with biostimulation offer a long-lasting treatment option for correcting wrinkles and other connective tissue imperfections. When you come to Face Matters, this treatment is administered by Dr Gabi Tschoepe, who has extensive knowledge of head and neck anatomy and physiology, together with training and more than 20 years’ experience in the use of medical aesthetic treatments that can subtly enhance your appearance to make you look younger.
The Face Matters clinic is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we are passionate about upholding the highest standards of care in the hands of qualified, experienced medical professionals.
Dermal fillers with biostimulation have a proven safety record; they’re convenient and require little to no downtime, while enhancing your skin for months to come without a long or painful recovery process.
See how dermal fillers with biostimulation have helped some of our patients to transform their skin, and look healthier and younger.
- Ellanse – Ellanse is described as a ‘tailor-made bioresorbable collagen stimulator’ that is distributed in more than 70 countries worldwide. There are four different product options within the Ellanse range, which only differ in terms of how long the product lasts (between one to four years). Ellanse has an excellent safety profile and uses bioresorbable materials that have been widely used in sutures and orthopaedic implants for several decades.
Ellanse dermal fillers with biostimulation offer outstanding results for the majority of people, although they are not recommended for use in the glabella, lips and eyelids. In studies, 100% of patients reported improvements to their skin for 24 months post-treatment.
- Radiesse – This is a volumising injectable dermal filler that restores volume and adds structure to the skin. Its unique formula contains calcium microspheres designed to stimulate natural collagen production. The results of a single treatment can last for up to 12 months. Radiesse is ideal for hand rejuvenation as it restores volume to make veins and tendons less prominent, and smooths away ageing lines and wrinkles.
- Sculptra – Sculptra addresses the underlying causes of the signs of facial ageing. Although you will notice some visible improvements to your skin after just one treatment, Sculptra is best delivered during two to three treatment sessions, each four to six weeks apart, to create gradual rejuvenating enhancements. This product very much concentrates on stimulating collagen production, which means that the improvements emerge subtly and look incredibly natural for up to several months post-treatment.
Sculptra is ideal for replacing lost collagen in the middle to lower face and chin areas
- Nasolabial lines (from the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (from the mouth down to the chin)
- Facial shaping, volumising & contouring
- Cheek & chin augmentation
- General skin hydration & rejuvenation
- Rejuvenation of the hands
Hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers may be more suitable for lip enhancements, forehead lines and around the eyes.
Dr. Tschoepe will ask you to come in for a second appointment two weeks later to assess and document your results so that the regime can be improved, if necessary.
As dermal fillers with biostimulation work by encouraging your body to make new collagen – a process that takes approximately six weeks – you should expect to see ongoing improvements for several months post-treatment.
How long the results of your treatment last will depend on a number of factors, such as the treatment area, the type of filler and the amount used, your individual muscle movements, activity, and lifestyle. To give you some idea of the scope, Radiesse lasts for approximately 9-12 months before being reabsorbed by your body, while Ellanse E products have the potential to last for up to several years.
After a treatment, you may experience some mild bruising at the injection sites, which can take two to three days to vanish. Inevitably, the more injections you have, the higher your chance of some visible bruising.
Some people also experience temporary redness, swelling, itching, numbness, tenderness or discomfort.
Much rarer side effects include blistering, infection, cold sores (especially if you have a history of cold sores), allergic reactions, and – in less than one in 15,000 cases – lumpy tissue, skin necrosis and red wheals, all of which are usually mild to moderate and self-limiting, lasting for approximately two weeks.
Choosing an experienced practitioner like Dr. Tschoepe who has a proven history of successful treatments is important to minimise the risk of side effects.